Difficult SQL Query

From: James Bourne <jbourne_at_nibupls1.telstra.comdotau>
Date: 1997/09/16

All,

[Quoted] [Quoted] I am having a problem getting a query to work:

[Quoted] I have two tables where I want to find the difference between the two:

Table1

        Attribute1 Number(8)

Table2

        Attribute1 Number(8)

I want to select all Table1.Attribute1 where Table1.Attribute does not exist in Table2

How can I do this?

[Quoted] Secondly, I am setting up a cursor in Pro*C and whenever not more records are found I want to return a failure value.

Example:

EXEC SQL WHENEVER NOT FOUND DO return value;

The Pro*C compiler (2.2.2.0.0 on Solaris 7.3.2) keeps on complaining!

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks,

James Bourne
TAPS Development
Telstra Multimedia Pty. Ltd.
Phone: 02 9903 3435
EMail: jbourne_at_nibupls1.telstra.comdotau

       (pls. replace dot with . to email me) Received on Tue Sep 16 1997 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message