Re: Forms 4.5 - Coordinate System

From: QuadTwin <quadtwin_at_aol.com>
Date: 1997/09/16

scs_at_ornl.gov (Stan Stines) wrote:

> What is the best way to develop forms that are to be viewed by
> clients that have a hodge-podge of terminal setups. What I mean is
> that some of my users have 14 inch monitors with a particular device
> driver while another user may have a 15" and the next a 17" and
> another a 19" with all different resolutions, small fonts vs. large
> fonts...etc.
>
> I know I should develop with a coordinate system of REAL but I have
> exiting forms that were developed in Character which are called by
> all applications. The character forms blow off the screen as well as
> some of the REAL forms on some terminals. Some forms are small
> (developed on the lowest possible client terminal resolution) while
> others fit half the screen. Basically we developed for 800x600
> resolution.
>
> Is there any special thing I should do when calling a form that was
> generated with a coordinate system of Character from a form that was
> developed with a Real coordinate system? Oh yes, the forms all were
> generated from a template developed inhouse.
>
> Thanks in advance..
>
> Stan

What do you mean by "blow off the screen"? We encountered a problem when REAL-INCH Forms do a CALL_FORM to CHARACTER-based Forms. Upon return to the caller, the calling screen goes blank. One has to slightly resize the MDI
window to get the calling screen to repaint. Is this what you referred to or is
the Form quitting abnormally? To get around the problem we found, it was necessary to resize the MDI window on both sides of the CALL_FORM.

Al

Al Lawson
Interactive Group, Inc.
www.interactive-group.com
lawsona_at_interactive-group.com Received on Tue Sep 16 1997 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message