Re: Web forms and Netscape 4.03 (patched)

From: Michael Friedman <mfriedma_at_asiansources.com>
Date: 1997/09/16

--------------0E13C30597BCE3083B288B02

Chris Yearsley wrote:

> On Mon, 15 Sep 1997 13:51:03 +0800, Michael Friedman
> <mfriedma_at_asiansources.com> wrote:

> >This doesn't have anything to do with the fact that it is pre-production.

> >The key issue is the Java version.

> No, the key issues are Java implementation bugs and setup problems. I'm
> using the Java 1.1.x version of Netscape. I know this is beta, and very
> new; I was wondering if it contains any bugs that are particularly
> troublesome to WebForms (given that as Oracle write the Java it's hard
> to program around things!)

Sigh.

Chris, please think before you write.

It's the Java version and it's the bugs. The 1.1.x version of Java in the new Netscape is still not a high enough version of Java.

We are all waiting for Sun to release a version of Java that fixes all of the critical bugs that Oracle found and fixed while writing the Web version of Dev/2000.

Java is just like any other software product - minor release are all or almost all bug fixes.

And to answer your question, it won't work.

> --
> Chris Yearsley
> chris.yearsley_at_gecm.com
> EASAMS Stafford

Building the future of business to business electronic commerce...

ASM eTrade - Software from the Asian Sources Media Group

24/F Vita Tower, Block B                  Tel: +852 2814 5678
29 Wong Chuk Hang Road                 Direct: +852 2814 5671
Aberdeen, Hong Kong                       Fax: +852 2311 3893

--------------0E13C30597BCE3083B288B02

begin:          vcard
fn:             Michael Friedman
n:              Friedman;Michael
org:            Asian Sources Media Group (eTrade)
email;internet: mfriedma_at_asiansources.com
x-mozilla-cpt:  ;0
x-mozilla-html: FALSE
version:        2.1
end:            vcard