DEV2000 - Oracle Form 4.5 - Detail records, add 1 to seq_no field

From: George Dimopoulos <gdimopou_at_kamloops.env.gov.bc.ca>
Date: 1997/09/15

[Quoted] I have a master-detail app,

[Quoted] master table has loc_key as unique primary key detail table has loc_key+seq_no as unique primary key

My app allows user to enter 1 master record and many detail records. At the detail record, I would like to manage the generation of unique values for seq_no for a given master record identified by loc_key.

Without saving each detail record, and then find the next seq_no value, how would I increase the value of seq_no?

Seq_no for current record would be max seq_no value for all records on the current form + 1

note: not all detail records have been saved to the database

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated

thanks in advance

George D

if you don't mind, could the answers be sent to my email account directly gdimopou_at_kamloops.env.gov.bc.ca

I will post answers after I recieve them Received on Mon Sep 15 1997 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message