Re: Why not an Oracle newsgroup JUST for Webserver ?!?

From: Kirti Deshpande <kirtid_at_gte.net>
Date: 1997/09/14

Stephen Meredith wrote:

> I'm sure ORacle Server users don't want to see all these
> Webserver-type questions and it's painfull seeking out those
> postings which are of interest to Webserver practioners.
>
> I've no idea how one would go about doing this, but I suggest
> that a new group be created comp.databases.oracle.webserver or
> something like that.
> This is a great idea to start a new newsgroup for Webserver users.
  Here is what I know about starting a news group :    Send a message to the moderated newsgroup such as news.announce.newsgroups    and cross post it to other related newsgroups to generate interest.    The moderator will post an article explaining the name and purpose of the    proposed newsgroup. There will be a period of 30-days for discussion. The    discussion will take place in the related newsgroup and by private e-mail    exchanges. At the end of 30 days, the moderator will post a general request    for interested people to vote. Voting will be done by sending an e-mail    message to a specified address. Voting period is usually 21 to 31 days.    At the of the voting period, totals are published with a full list of    voters and their votes. There will a 5-day period in which anyone can    request a correction to vote or the process. After this, the vote will be    finalized. The news group will be established if two third of the votes are    'Yes'(or at least 100 more than 'NO'). If voted 'Yes' to the new newsgoup,    the moderatore of news.announce.newsgrops will send out a control message    to others on the Usenet and the group gets established.    Be adviced that if the vote is unsuccessful, the same newsgroup can not be    brought up for discussion for at least 6 more months !!

  So the tough part here is to gather enough support before starting this   process.

  I am interested in this newsgroup and I will vote 'Yes'.   Since this great idea came from you, would you like to persue it further ??