My Issues with Forms 4.5

From: Rickluce <rickluce_at_aol.com>
Date: 1997/09/13

[Quoted] [Quoted] We are currently considering migrating all of our 3.0 forms to forms 4.5. The main reasons are to achieve Year 2000 compatibility as soon as possible and to position ourselves to be compatible with future Oracle releases. To reduce the development effort, we plan to continue running in character mode.

I chose the term "migrating" because, in some ways, I don't consider this [Quoted] to be an upgrade. The binary file format (*.fmb) has major drawbacks in that it does not allow developers to search through the source code to evaluate the impacts of database design changes. Furthermore, the binary *.fmb files prevent code merging thus making concurrent development impossible.

[Quoted] I was wondering how others are dealing with these problems. Received on Sat Sep 13 1997 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message