Re: Question for the Form Execute

From: John Strange <jstrange_at_imtn.dsccc.com>
Date: 1997/09/13

Or you could add
execute_query ;
to your When-new-form-instance trigger

Ezio PAGLIA (ezio_at_comune.grosseto.it) wrote:
: Hi Virginia,

: I hope I have understood what you mean to say.

: You may create a mono-record block based on the table you wish to
: inquiry.

: Then you may create a when-new-block-instance with the simple body:

: execute_query;
: first_record;

: Then you add one ore more buttons with a trigger when-button-pressed and
: the body:

: up; (if you want to go to the previous record)

: or

: down; (if you want to go to the following record)

: If you only need to query the table, it is necessary to prevent actions
: such as modify, insert or delete. In such case you should apply these
: restrictions to the table/block.

: Hope this helps.

: Ezio Paglia.

: Virginia K. Leung wrote:
: >
: > Hi,
: >
: > Is that a way to Execute an empty query through a form without going to
: > click on the menu to Execute in Form Designer 4.5?
: >
: > My intention is when the form runs, the system will automatically read
: > first record of a table and will focus on Navigation button like next
: > command for browsing the next record.
: >
: > Your help is greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance :-)

--
This posting represents the personal opinions of the author. It is not the
official opinion or policy of the author's employer. Warranty expired when you