Printing/Maintaining Word Document on Report

From: Welton, Bob <welton_at_pui.com>
Date: 1997/09/11

Our company is new using Oracle and Des2k and we are having a problem determining how we might accomplish
the following:

We are designing applications for printing Invoices, Purchase Orders and Order Acknowledgements which needs
to have some Standard Terms & Conditions information printed on the back of these forms. This information is
currently kept in MSWord format (Bolding/underlining/different fonts being utilized). In a perfect world
I would like to create a table which included datatype LONG column(s) for each of these different Terms &
Conditions, yet still be modifiable using MSWord. As changes are made the MSWord documents, changes
are reflected in the column for that data.

The main reason for wanting to store in column(s) is so predetermined users can modify this data and have it
automatically incorporated into the new P/O's, Invoices and Acknowledgements without needing IS support.

Is this possible, or should I create boilerplate/template text for these T & C's and just call the appropriate
boilerplate/template at report printing time.

Thanks for any input, feel free to e-mail or just reply to post...

rgw.....

Bob Welton
Projects Unlimited, Inc.
Dayton, OH 45414
Welton_at_pui.com Received on Thu Sep 11 1997 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message