Re: SQL*Net 16 bits and SQL*Net 32 bits on the same PC

From: Dan Nichols <hawkeye_at_sd.znet.com>
Date: 1997/09/11

Hi Philippe:

We have SQL*Net 16 and 32 bit running on the same PC with no issues.

Our experience has been that the two installs are completely seperate.

SQL*Net 16 bit by default installs in a directory called: ORAWIN SQL*Net 32 bit defaults into ORANT (For NT platforms) and ORAWIN95 for (Windows95)

Each has it own directory structure, and its own individual TNSNAMES.ORA file.

Also, 16 bit uses the ORACLE.INI file for program paths and settings, 32 bit uses the system registry.

Other than remembering to keep the two in sync, we have had not problems.

Good Luck,

-Dan

Philippe BAUGARD <humphrey_at_sequent.com> wrote in article <3418282A.9487997C_at_sequent.com>...