Re: To commit or not to commit - That is the question?

From: Roland Svensson <roland.svensson_at_mbox200.swipnet.se>
Date: 1997/09/10

Ian Quennell wrote:

> Help.
>
> I have a number of SQL*Plus procedures which need to run in sequence. These
> procedures validate and load data in tables and place any validation
> failures in an error table.
>
> However, if, for example the third procedure fails all procedures must be
> rolled back.
> This is fine except that the validation failures are then rolled back as
> well.
>
> Any ideas on how it is possible to keep these failures
>
> Thanks
>
> Ian Q
Maybe by using two parallell SQL*Plus sessions, one for loading data and one
that writes the error table. Set up a pipe between them and make the first
session send errors to the second one. When a procedure fails, close the pipe,
rollback the first session and commit the second. Received on Wed Sep 10 1997 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message