Re: another newbie question

From: Neville Sweet <sweet.neville.nj_at_bhp.com.au>
Date: 1997/09/09

Andrew,

When-New-Block-Instance fires when the input focus moves into the Block. Is your block to be populated the first navigable block? If not then the trigger won't fire until you navigate to it (you could test this by adding 'message' and 'pause' to your trigger text, however I don't believe the WNBI trigger is the answer).
When-New-Block-Instance fires at least twice on Forms startup. Once after rendering the screen, and then again after the query executes and input focus goes to the first item in the first navigable block. Using When-New-Block-Instance to execute a query should therefore result in an endless loop. Does the Form "hang"?

Try 'When-New-Form-Instance' (ensuring your block is the first navigable block), and call the built-in 'execute_query'. You don't need to wrap do_key around it unless you're customising query processing via Key-EXEQRY.

Regards,
Neville Sweet.

Andrew C. Risehnoover <qball_at_ti.com> wrote in article <3414948C.AED83480_at_ti.com>...