Re: Interfacing Forms 4.5 with NT

From: Miodrag Stojanovic <miodrag_stojanovic_at_oma.org>
Date: 1997/09/09

Hi,

why don't you use registries. Oracle provides library D2kwutil.pll with Developer/2000. In Windows95 it is stored in c:\orawin95\forms45\plsqllib folder. This library has functions that play around with registries. You can read from registries and write to registries (watch out!).

Registries that could be interesting for you are:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Network\Logon\Username
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\CurrentUser
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\NetworkProvider\NWNP32\LastLogonName

Go into those registries and see the entries. They might be different depending on network setup. Probably, one of first two will be good.

Your syntax will probably look like this: t_logon :=
win_api_environment.read_registry('HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Network\Logon','Username');

Regards

Miodrag Stojanovic