Re: Menu Problems

From: James A. Starkey <jstarkey_at_exeter.com>
Date: 1997/09/09

Neal <nealgran_at_erols.com> wrote in article <3414C649.1826_at_erols.com>...

> I have developed an application using Forms 4.5 on an NT4.0
> workstation which attatches to a our UNIX database server. I tried
> running Personal Oracle. I am getting a 'FRM 41810: cannot execute
> menu' error.
>
> The setup seems to be correct as far as the registry Forms_Path, is
> concerned. I called Oracle, and they were unable to help me. Has
> anyone else run into similar problems, and if so, what is the solution?

The problem may be that the forms45_path string is too long. Try taking out
the various demo directories that Oracle sets up in the default string, then
add your directories.

[Quoted] Speaking of the registry, how is anyone supposed to find out that forms45_path nows lives in the registry and not Oracle.ini as specified in the offline and online documentation? Is there a motherlode of useful information lurking out there somewhere? Received on Tue Sep 09 1997 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message