Re: Oracle Tools Vs. VB as Front-Ends to Oracle Databases

From: Sylvain Faust Inc. (SFI) <"Sylvain>
Date: 1997/09/06

The OCX for OCI (Oracle Call Interface) is available from Sylvain Faust at: http://www.sfi-software.com

Look for SQL-Sombrero/OCX for OCI. Contains printed and online doc, VB4 and VB5 samples, 32 bit and 16 bit OCX.

Simply needs SQL*NET at runtime. See what Oracle as to say about it at http://www.sfi-software.com

Also, you can download the full product from the download section. Look at the online documentation from the product page as well.

One more point:
Visual Basic Programmer's Journal 1997 Reader's Choice Award SFI is pleased to announce that SQL-Sombrero/OCX recently received the Visual Basic Programmer's Journal 1997 Reader's Choice Award in the Database Utilities category. "SQL-Sombrero continues to deliver something hard to find in many other products: it works, it's fast and it's reliable", VBPJ, Spring 1997 Buyer's Guide & Product Directory, P21

For details, check http://www.sfi-software.com or email to info_at_sfi-software.com
Call SFI at (USA) 617-722-981, (Canada) 819 778-5045

Sam,
SFI, a Sylvain Faust company
http://www.sfi-software.com
Oracle World Alliance

Sylvain Faust Inc. (SFI) was founded in 1988 by experienced database programmers intent on improving programmer productivity by developing a suite of tools, utilities and knowledgeware designed by programmers, for programmers. Productivity enhancement software in this market can easily pay for itself in a matter of days just in labor savings, not to mention the competitive advantage gained by organizations able to deploy information systems faster and more reliably. SFI's current products include SQL-Programmer, SQL-Optimizer and SQL-Sombrero.

Bruce Tobin <btobin_at_infinet.com> wrote in article <340CA31B.789D_at_infinet.com>...

> GHarris144 wrote:
> >
> > We are currently using Designer/2000 using a process-led development
approach. Due to the complexity of our process, we have come to the conclusion that the ‘100% Pure Designer/2000’ approach will not suffice. We are evaluating two alternatives: Developer/2000 and Visual Basic. The Visual Basic solution seems like a good approach for several reasons: