Re: Oracle Database Migration

From: AMARENDRA B NETTEM <nettama_at_charlie.cns.iit.edu>
Date: 1997/09/05

Andy Spamer wrote:

> How do i migrate an Oracle database to SQL Server?
>
> I can load a database into SQLServer if i can get an ASCII output of the
> database so what i really need to know is Are their any utilities in Oracle
> that will create a CSV ASCII file?
>
> I have heard their is a utility called SQLLoader, but is this what i need,
> and if so can any one supply me with the syntax?
>
> Oracle version is 7.0.16.14
>
> --
> Andrew Spamer
> Senior Software Analyst
> Simdell Limited
> Email: as_at_simdell.co.uk

USE SQL*PLUS TO GENERATE CSV ASCII FILE. For exapmple you want to create a text file for the table dept(deptno,dname and loc columns)

SET LINESIZE 200
SET PAGESIZE 100
SET FEEDBACK OFF
SET TERMOUT OFF
SPOOL X.TXT
SELECT DEPTNO||','||DNAME||','||LOC FROM DEPT; SPOOL OFF HOPE THIS HELPS AMARENDRA

AMARENDRA B NETTEM			5039 N E River Road, Apt. 1A
Certified Oracle DBA			NORRIDGE, IL 60656
Whittman-Hart Inc.,
311 South Wacker Drive, Suite 3500
Chicago, IL 60606.

Ph.No. (708) 583 9870 (H)