Re: 'SQL*Plus in a Browser'??

From: Justin Wigg <jjwigg_at_tassie.net.au>
Date: 1997/09/05

Michael Jessen wrote:

> I have users here who need to do adhoc queries - currently we've given
> them
> SQL*Plus/unix access for this but it requires that they learn arcane
> os
> commands including vi.
>
> This new site is trying to avoid putting in Oracle client software on
> desktops.
>
> So what about 'SQL*Plus in a browser'?? Has anyone heard of such a
> product?
>
> Mike.

I'm assuming you mean an internet browser not Oracle Data Browser that is part of the Developer 2000 series...

Ad hoc reporting is the perfect task for Oracle Data Browser. Although you claim they wish to avoid client software on desktops, but that is Browser's strongpoint.

I have not heard of SQL*Plus being used in a browser environment. Has anyone else?

Justin.

"I can resist anything but temptation" - Oscar Wilde Justin Wigg
Oracle Developer, Dept of Primary Industry and Fisheries AND ...
2nd Year Software Engineering - University Of Tasmania, Australia REPLY:
jjwigg_at_tassie.net.au OR
Justin.Wigg_at_dpif.tas.gov.au
Phone: +61 3 6223 5659
Phax: +61 3 6223 5659

Opinions expressed are my own and do not reflect values or opinions held by the DPIF