Can't Connect to Server ? (ORA-12203)

From: Michael <mich_at_imagic.be>
Date: 1997/09/04

Dear Oracle,

I've installed Oracle 7 Server v7.3.2.3, on a WinNT machine... I used TCP/IP aswell as Named Pipes protocols to be supported for connections.

But unfortunatly I can't connect from my Win95 machine via TCP/IP with the client software that is delivered with the Oracle 7 Server. SQL Plus tells me that the error 12203 prevents him from connecting to the Oracle Server.

I can ping the orcale server with success, the portnumbers are ok, the name of the server is ok, the SID is correct, actually everything is ok but I still can't connect to the server.

Any help is very welcome :).

Michael Received on Thu Sep 04 1997 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message