Re: How to I run Oracle Workgroup Server (NT?, 95?, ????)

From: David Barham <djbarham_at_powerup.com.au>
Date: 1997/09/04

Luis Campos wrote:

> I'm about to purchase Oracle7 Workgroup server and I would like to know
> some things:
>
> 1. Can I run both Workgroup server and Developer/2000 on the same PC?

I don't see why not.

> 2. Do I have do install NT on my PC, and if so what kind of NT (server,
> workstation)?

Well, if you want to run Workgroup server for NT on your PC, that kinda suggests you need NT?!NT4 workstation will do just fine, but plenty of memory won't go astray.

> In sum, what are my both hard and software requirements.

I have a Pentium 133 which used to have 32Mb RAM. That was enough to run Oracle workgroup server 7.3. I have a lot more memory now and it is better. If you are wanting to run Developer/2000 as well, I would suggest that 32Mb is too little - I would suggest 64Mb might be more appropriate. You will discover that NT like to have plenty of memory.