Re: Designer/2000 - Reverse Engineer db problem

From: Jochen Guther <Jochen.Guther_at_t-online.de>
Date: 1997/09/03

[Quoted] Looks to me as if you don't have permission to create a database link in your DES2K account. What it does during reverse engineering is that it creates a database link from the database where the repository resides to the database which you want to reverse engineer.

I have also seen problems when a database link with the same name already existed.

Try to log into your DES2K account from sql*plus and create a database link to the target database and schema. After you get this running, reverse engineeering should work, too. Received on Wed Sep 03 1997 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message