Re: Beginner Question for ORACLE Developer/2000

From: Steve Cosner <stevec_at_zimmer.csufresno.edu>
Date: 1997/09/03

In article <01bcb7fe$ad99b840$2a2af4ce_at_ss1>, Antonio Tortora <antoniot_at_iwaynet.net> wrote:
>Hello, I'm new to Developer/2000. For you veterans out there. How and
>where do I created a global variable? This variable will need to be
>accessed in local buttons on the trigger WHEN-BUTTON-PRESSED.
>
>Definition
>
> The variable I want to define is mfirstquery.
>
>In the button[TOP]
>
>BEGIN
> IF mfirstquery != FALSE Then
> mfirstquery := TRUE;
> execute_query;
> END IF;
> FIRST_RECORD;
>END;
In the when-new-form-instance trigger, put:   :Global.mfirstquery := 'FALSE';

But you could use a parameter in the form, since your global isn't being used in form-to-form communications. Parameters are easier because they can be set up at design time, and don't need to be erased when you leave a form.

To use a parameter, create it in the object navigator, set its default value to FALSE. Anywhere you need to use it, call it :Parameter.mfirstquery.

Note that both globals and parameters cannot be boolean. You have to use text string values.

Regards,
Steve Cosner

http://members.aol.com/stevec5088 Download QA, a dynamic data utility form-- Quick display and update access to any table. Received on Wed Sep 03 1997 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message