Re: Help! Server Tuning/speed/optimization

From: Kristiaan J. Kolk <akolk_at_ix.netcom.com>
Date: 1997/09/02

A very simple and effective strategy is based on the following principle:

    (End User) Response Time = CPU Time + Wait Time

In other words, you are either using too much CPU or you are waiting too long. You can look in v$sesstat for statistic# 12 and for the relevant session on how much CPU you have used for this session and you can sum up the wait times for the session in v$session_event (except for 'SQL*Net message from client'). My guess is that you are
waiting too long. So tuning the wait time becomes important.

There are also some other tips and tricks, e-mail me if you are interested in solving this performance problem.

K.J.K.