Trying to use report swr132, but getting core dumps.

From: RastM <tkupp_at_pacifier.com>
Date: 1997/08/30

SCO UNIX (Open Desktop v3.0)
Oracle RDBMS v6.0.37.3.1
SQL*ReportWriter v1.1.14.9.1

I'm trying to use the Oracle-supplied report srw132 (and srw80) to print out some specifications for reports that are being converted to Reports v2.5 under a v7.3 database. I'm getting core dumps every time I try a runrep command of the form

    runrep srw132 userid=username/passwd batch=yes \     which_report=reportname destype=Printer desname=REPORTS \     desformat=wide

This is the way we submit reports within our Oracle application, and it has always worked.

I thought it might be because of the demo exits that the reports used, so I checked, but the runrep and genrep executables are linked with the exits. I also went and created an IAPXTB table under the Oracle user executing the srw reports with GENXTB and inserted rows for the five exits mentioned in the ?/sqlreport/lib/iapxtb.c file.

All efforts have so far have produced core dumps.

I've also tried

    runrep srw132 userid=username/passwd which_report=reportname

which brings up the parameter form, but after the paramters are entered, the report just seems to run and run, even for simple reports. Eventually, I have to kill it.

Any advice?

--

tkupp at pacifier dot com