Using Oracle Report to call Winfax Pro 8.0 to send a report as fax

From: Lau Chi Cheong <95473206_at_plink.cityu.edu.hk>
Date: 1997/08/29

I am now evaluating the possibilites of a soultion for a other company. I want to regularly send out the report generated by oracle report as fax out, the overall process should be fully automated without any human aids. We are now evaluting using Winfax Pro 8.0 to be the fax program to co-operate with oracle report.
However the situation is not as simple as set the destination of the report as the printer represent the fax machine, because the whol process must be automated, if we send it directly to the fax printer, some input job must be done, so we use DDE to accomplish the job. And we write the following code to do the job by DDE in the 'BEFORE REPORT TRIGGER' of
Oracle Report.

function BeforeReport return boolean is
begin
delcare
ConvID PLS_INTEGER;
begin
ConvID:=DDE.INITATE('FAXMNG32','CONTROL'); DDE.EXECUTE(ConvID,'Goldle',1000);
ConvID:=DDE.INITATE('FAXMNG32','TRANSMIT'); DDE.POKE(ConvID,'sendfax','recipient("12345678","12: 12:12","01/01/97","Mr. Test","Testing Company Ltd.", "ABC","DEF","GHI","Fax")',DDE.cf_OEMTEXt,1000);

DDE.EXECUTE(ConvID,'GoActive',1000);
DDE.POKE(ConvID,'sendfax','showsendscreen("1"),
DDE.CFOEMTEXT,1000);
DDE.TERMINATE(ConvID);

end;
return(TRUE);
end;

These code work, but not always,it has two main problems:

  1. After run it succesfully one time, it would not run on the second time, or you must recompile the code. 2.If it runs, it would send two copy to winfax, without any reason. 3.Oracle Report can't get back the control after running the program/

What is the problem? Is it the DDE problem? or the logic of the program is worong?
or anohter mistaked made in the program? Received on Fri Aug 29 1997 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message