Re: Package question.

From: Tomm Carr <carr%tw_at_edwards.af.mil>
Date: 1997/08/29

seci_at_ludens.elte.hu wrote:

> In article <34010D17.2327_at_comp.polyu.edu.hk>, Stephen <c6635500_at_comp.polyu.edu.hk> writes:
> > I have a question about package.
> > How to list the content of the package? When I type "select * from
> > dba_object_size", it can show the package and its owner. But how can I
> > know the content of the particular package?
>
> select * from user_source where name=your_package_name

Maybe better:

  select text from user_source
  where name = package_name and type = 'PACKAGE' (or 'PACKAGE BODY', as appropriate)

> > Moreover, is the package can be used by its owner? If so, how can grant
> > the privilege to other users?

Of course the package can be used by it's owner, as long as it doesn't try to do anything the owner can't do. To allow others to use:

  grant execute on package_name to user_name

--
Tomm Carr  --> Note new e-mail address
tommcatt_at_computer.org -- http://www.geocities.com/athens/delphi/6769