Stuff needed for web (internet) deployment?

From: Cleve Sharpe <cleve_at_cbcsf.org>
Date: 1997/08/28

 Hi Oracle experts. Our company is thinking of developing a Forms 4.5 application for the Internet.

We already have Developer/2000 1.3. However, Per the oracle people, the following are required:

(1) Web Application Server 3.0
(2) Developer/2000 Server (WHY????)
(3) Oracle Workgroup Server 7.3 (processor licensing)
(4) Developer/2000 1.4W or 1.5 to develop the Forms.

The problem I have with this is:
 (1) We already have the unlimited runtime for Forms/Reports/Graphics. If we upgrade to 1.5, I am also assuming that we will get the upgrade to the runtime (unlimited). Why then do we need this Developer/2000 Server middleware?

Could someone who have deployed Developer/2000-based applications to the web please email me explaining to me what is needed and why.

Thanks in advance

Cleve
cleve_at_cbcsf.org Received on Thu Aug 28 1997 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message