ORACLE LICENCES, USERS and SESSIONS ???????????????

From: Luis Campos <lcampos_at_cpcis.pt>
Date: 1997/08/27

[Quoted] They may be silly, but these are my troubling questions:

  1. Imagine I buy a Oracle7 Workgroup license for 5 users. Imagine I put in one of those licenced users the whole scheme for my app. Now: can I have 30 users, each one with a different session in the same Oracle user?
  2. Despite the last question, how da hell does Oracle knows I am using 5 users, or 50?

These questions do not intend to rip off Oracle, but to know till where Oracle can serve my needs.

[Quoted] I would really apreciate if someone can help me out there.

Thanks in Advance.

Luis Campos
(if possible send me out a personal email) lcampos_at_cpcis.pt Received on Wed Aug 27 1997 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message