Database designer config

From: Richard Campbell <richard.campbell_at_mail.esrin.esa.it>
Date: 1997/08/27

Hi oracle users .

I would like to use sqlnet to reverse engineer a schema using the Oracle database Designer (ODD) tool.
I have read that ODD needs 16 bit Odbc and SQLnet versions (or 32 bit thunking odbc , which the Oracle odbc drivers I have do not support).

I am using a PC with windows 95 and have tried installing Oracles ODBC 16 bit driver ( for 7.3 client software ) and various SQLnet 2 versions (from windows 3.1 software and therefore hopefully 16 bit).

Unfortunately , I cannot make any successful connections even from ODBC test.

Can anybody recommend a working combination of odbc and SQLnet for the designer ?

Thanks in advance

Richard

Richard Campbell
Database Administrator SERCo (On site ESA/ESRIN) EMAIL Richard.campbell_at_mail.esrin.esa.it