Q: FORMS45: Special demand on LOV in a Multi-Record-Block

From: Thomas Meier <th.meier_at_cww.de>
Date: 1997/08/27

I try to restrict my LOV(based on a Record-Group and populated by a Query) to the values not already selected by the other records of this Multi-Record-Block. How can I achieve this? My first attempt was to restrict the query with something like

select lov_column
from lov_table
where lov_column not in (select base_column from base_table)

But this works only with commited or at least posted values but I don't want to post or even commit after every new record. Also, the generated (Des2k) LOV-Validation fails if I requery the block (where/validation in Lookup-Table).

Any ideas?

Thomas Meier
e-Mail: th.meier_at_usa.net