PLS-00306: wrong number or types of arguments in call

From: Larry Jones <lljo_at_chevron.com>
Date: 1997/08/27

I know this seems like an easy problem, but 3 of us have looked at this for a total of about 2 man hours, and we cannot find the problem!

Below is portion of the PL/SQL code we are using to test a new package, just calling, it to make sure it works before we call it from PowerBuilder. I have also included the header and decleration part of the body of the package.

Can anyone look at this code, and tell me what in the world is wrong with the call?????

BTW... Our versions are as follows:
SQL*Plus: Release 3.3.2.0.2
Oracle7 Server Release 7.1.6.2.0
PL/SQL Release 2.1.6.2.0

  • Begin PL/SQL script to call function (TEMP2NEW) declare TYPE StrTabType is table of Varchar2(2000) index by binary_integer;
        rc              REAL;
        sample__type varchar2(1);
        nr number;
        vals StrTabType;
        cols StrTabType;
        errcode number;
        errmsg varchar2(100);
        errline number;
        errkey1 varchar2(60);
        errkey2 varchar2(14);
.
.**************** (assignments to varibles, etc are in here)
.
rc :=util.import(sample__type,nr,cols, vals, errcode, errmsg, errline, errkey1, errkey2);
  • End PL/SQL script to call function
  • Begin Package creation CREATE OR REPLACE PACKAGE util AS TYPE StrTabType is table of Varchar2(2000) index by binary_integer;
    • Public variables accessed outside of package -- cols StrTabType; vals StrTabType; tab_name StrTabType; col_name StrTabType; value StrTabType; nrow number; errcode number; errmsg varchar2(100); errline number; etext varchar2(60); anl_table varchar2(14);

FUNCTION import (sample__type varchar2, nr in number, cols in StrTabType, vals in StrTabType,

                      errcode out number, errmsg out varchar2, errline
out number, errkey1 out varchar2,
                      errkey2 out varchar2)
                      return real;

END util;
/
CREATE OR REPLACE PACKAGE BODY util AS

  • Main function for importing which calls previous functions --
FUNCTION import      (sample__type varchar2,
                      nr in number, cols in StrTabType, vals in
StrTabType,
                      errcode out number, errmsg out varchar2, errline
out number,
                      errkey1 out varchar2, errkey2 out varchar2)
                      return real

   IS
********************** End Package creation
  • Begin Execute script, and error that is returned GEOCHEM/HPRD716> _at_temp2new declare * ERROR at line 1: ORA-06550: line 104, column 6: PLS-00306: wrong number or types of arguments in call to 'IMPORT' ORA-06550: line 104, column 1: PL/SQL: Statement ignored
  • End Execute script, and error that is returned

The line number (104) is the call statement (rc:=util.import....).

I would appreciate any quick responses that you may have. Oh, one more thing.... we tested this on a 7.3.2 version of Oracle, and got the same problem, so it's not a version problem, per se.

Thanks,
Larry Jones
lljo_at_chevron.com Received on Wed Aug 27 1997 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message