Re: Rdb to Oracle tools

From: John Nunnington <nunnigj_at_boat.bt.com>
Date: 1997/08/26

Bob Eisner wrote:

> Judie Stroup wrote:
> >
> > Yes, some of us are actually converting from Rdb to Oracle.
> > And one of my coworkers is looking for a tool to make this
> > task easier. Optimally, we'd like a tool which would extract
> > objects (i.e. tables) and load them into Oracle (like a tool
> > which would generate an IMP-compatible dump of the Rdb database
> > which could be directly loaded into Oracle.
> >
> > We're using Oracle 7.3 and Rdb 5.X (yes, I know, way behind).
> >
> > Any help or hints would be appreciated. Email to...
> >
> > judie.stroup_at_lmco.com

Strange how you perceive that while you currently use Rdb 5 and openly admit that you are way behind and yet, I assume, you think that moving to Oracle 7.3 will move you forwards? perhaps you could enlighten the rest of this group as well as myself as to your rationale. Received on Tue Aug 26 1997 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message