Re: Positioned UPDATE-/DELETE-Statements using the cursor library

From: Zoran Ivanovich <zorani_at_waldonet.net.mt>
Date: 1997/08/25

Klaus Behrendt wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to implement positioned UPDATE-/DELETE-Staements in a VC4.2
> /
> NT 4.0 environment (e.g. update ... where current of ..) using the
> ODBC
> Cursor Library.
>
> Although I've written an example program nearly identical to the code
> example given in the code example of SQLSetCursorName I received the
> message "invalid cursor name".
>
> I've tried this code using the ORACLE7 Driver 2.0.3, INFORMIX CLI 2.5
> and MS ACCESS Driver, all with the same result. The only case without
> error message is the connect to the INFORMIX driver when the cursor
> library is not used (SQL_CUR_USE_IF_NEEDED - connect option).
>
> If anyone has an idea to solve the problem I really would appeciate
> it.
>
> Klaus Behrendt

If I remember, from the old days, in order to use UPDATE/DELETE with'current of ' statement, you need to retrieve Cursor name, whatever is created
by you (SQLSetCursorName()), or assigned by ODBC driver.

Function to retrieve name is SQLGetCursorName().

I'm not sure if your problem is around this lines, but might give you some clue.

Regards,

Zoran I.
Software Development Manager
RS/2 International Ltd.