Converting SR1.1 -> Reports 2.5: font mapping

From: Thomas Otten <Thomas.Otten_at_kellogg.com>
Date: 1997/08/22

Whenever I open a report converted from ReportWriter 1.1 to Reports 2.5 I get two messages:

"Warning: character mode report xyz is being opened as a bit-mapped report"

"Warning: page width of report xyz changed to fit the font for a character
cell. Might be a
consequence of font mapping."

The resulting report has huge fonts and does not fit on any paper (well, at least not on the
size of paper I would like it to fit and where it fitted before...).

Is there any way to influence which bit map font is used for replacing the character font of
ReportWriter 1.1? Help points me to uifont.ali but I do not find any information about how
to specify a default font in there (I found a lot about using it for conversion between
different GUIs).

Environment: Reports 2.5.4.0.8 16bit on NT4 (16bit since user clients will be Win 3.1)

Thank you for any help,

Thomas
(please check reply address before mailing me) Received on Fri Aug 22 1997 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message