Re: Rdb to Oracle tools

From: Bob Eisner <boei_at_trifox.com>
Date: 1997/08/21

Judie Stroup wrote:

> Yes, some of us are actually converting from Rdb to Oracle.
> And one of my coworkers is looking for a tool to make this
> task easier. Optimally, we'd like a tool which would extract
> objects (i.e. tables) and load them into Oracle (like a tool
> which would generate an IMP-compatible dump of the Rdb database
> which could be directly loaded into Oracle.
>
> We're using Oracle 7.3 and Rdb 5.X (yes, I know, way behind).
>
> Any help or hints would be appreciated. Email to...
>
> judie.stroup_at_lmco.com

Hi Judie,

You may want to take a look at TRIMtools from Trifox.

TRIMtools contains a product TRIMmenu which will allow you to EXPORT Tables from RDB 5.x and IMPORT them into Oracle 7.3.

Please see http://webster.trifox.com/trim from more details.

Regards,

Bob Eisner
408 369-2392 Received on Thu Aug 21 1997 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message