Forms/PVCS users out there ?

From: Scott Whitehead <shw_at_io.com>
Date: 1997/08/20

[Quoted] [Quoted] I am implementing PVCS to use in conjunction with Forms. After several weeks experimentation and a couple of calls to Oracle support, I have found that there is nothing to be gained using the Forms PVCS interface. We are better off using the GUI provided with PVCS. Even though the Forms interface will convert to text (.FMT) automatically before checking it into PVCS (and visa-versa when checking out), Oracle support steered me away from that since the FMT format will change in Developer/2000 version 2.0, thus rendering our archives unusable. So we will be using the PVCS GUI tool and version the binary FMBs. So the major drawbacks are: no differencing and no use of keywords. But I guess I'll have to live with it.

Anyone else find this same scenario ? Did you come to the same conclusions ? Received on Wed Aug 20 1997 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message