Re: Reports 2.5 and RTF

From: Rollin Weeks <rollin_at_earthlink.net>
Date: 1997/08/20

Duncan Reed wrote:

> Is there an easy way to get Reports to output using RTF, i.e. has anyone
> written an RTF printer def file?
>
> What we wish to do is load the output from reports 2.5 (with formatting
> etc) into MS Word.

I have a similar problem. Originally the hope was to use Reports 2.5 and
generate them in HTML format so that they can be viewed in Netscape. My development environment is Sun Solaris (Motif) and Developer 2K 1.3.

Unfortunately, the size of HTML files generated from Reports is HUGE!!! It
is more than 15 times the size of the same report generated in PDF fromat.

Since the PDF files are acceptable, we also considered converting to RTF.
Although there are many conversion packages, I was unable to find any to go from PDF to RTF (or to HTML, for that matter).

Does anyone know of any solutions from Oracle for the bloated HTML or perhaps guidelines that might help to reduce the file size? HTML files 1,000,000 bytes and larger take a long time to load into Netscape.

Note: I do not believe this problem exists when HTML files are generated
from a Windows 95 platform.

Thanks to anyone who has help or suggestions.

Rollin Weeks Received on Wed Aug 20 1997 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message