Re: PL/SQL: Exiting to Operating System?

From: Nuno Souto <nsouto_at_acay.com.au>
Date: 1997/08/20

John A. Kroll wrote:

> You could also just use simple I/O redirection, sqlplus
> will end when it hits end of file. Using the above
> example:
>
> sqlplus myname/mypswd_at_mydb < myscript.sql
>
> or alternatively (assuming a Unix environment) -
>
> sqlplus myname/mypswd_at_mydb <<END
> /* insert several SQL commands here */
> END
>
> John Kroll

[Quoted] That's assuming you don't have the buggy version of SQL*Plus that went into an infinite loop when it hit EOF on stdin?

Don't laugh, it happened to me on a Sequent, filled up the log file system in no time...

Cheers
Nuno Souto
nsouto_at_acay.com.au Received on Wed Aug 20 1997 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message