WAS 3.0 hpUX10.20 - non-static html fails

From: (wrong string) ädter <staedter_at_mail.boku.ac.at>
Date: 1997/08/19

Hello,

I've downloaded and installed the trial version of Web Application Server
3.0 on hpUX 10.20. After the installation part involving the installer, I
am prompted to connect to the - already started - admin server to finish installation under the URL

So I start the WRB services and the admin server and try to do so. Unfortunately "boot" fails with a segmentation fault and a core dump on the HP server. I am able to read static HTML pages with my browser, though, for example the documentation.

Each and every other call of non-static HTML like (for example, dbadmin or wladmin in the same above virtual directory) causes a core dump on the server.

I installed WAS 3.0 in an already existing ORACLE_HOME, thus it resides in ORACLE_HOME/ows/3.0. All the required OS environment variables have been set before starting the admin server.

Is there anyone familiar with this behaviour and knows how to eliminate it?

Any replies or thoughts are more than welcome. Thanks in advance,

  • Robert Staedter University for Agriculture Vienna, Austria