Re: Hoe to terminate a stored procedure?

From: Kevin Michael Vail <kevin_at_vailstar.com>
Date: 1997/08/19

In article <33F8ECED.5F97_at_erols.com>, DBNerd <dbnerd_at_erols.com> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>Is there a command in PL/SQL to terminate the process(like exit in C)?
>For example, when A calls B, B calls C and C calls D. When D raises a
>exception and I want to terminate the process completely at D, instead
>of return back to C, B and A.

As far as I know, the only way is to raise an exception in D and either catch it in A and exit normally, or don't catch it anywhere and bomb with an error message.

--
Kevin Michael Vail    | I would rather have a mind opened by wonder
kevin_at_vailstar.com    | than one closed by belief.   -- Gerry Spence