Re: Using RUN_PRODUCT built-in

From: chris <cys4_at_columbia.edu>
Date: 1997/08/18

Zachary Agatstein wrote:

> Hi!
> I am new to Oracle Reports, so perhaps this is a very simple question.
>
> I am calling a report from within a form by using a RUN_PRODUCT
> built-in,
> and passing a parameter list identified by an ID:
>
> RUN_PRODUCT(REPORTS, 'reportname', etc... param_id, ...);
>
> How does the report retrieve that parameter list?
>
> I am using Developer/2000 with Forms 4.5 and Reports 2.5.
>
> Thank you
>
> Zach Agatstein

   Zach,

R2.5 primarily creates two types of parameters when starting a session or when it is being called to be executed. It creates SYSTEM parameters and USER DEFINED parameters. When you create a parameter list, you can set send values to the SYSTEM parameters, which, otherwise, would be set to default, by naming the name of the parameter to one of the system variables. Or you may create a name of your choosing and send a value to it.
Most of the times, SYSTEM parameters are send to control the environment. USER DEFINED are sent to be used as the base to other querys.

Chris Suh
Oracle Database Designer
and Developer. Received on Mon Aug 18 1997 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message