Re: Using RUN_PRODUCT built-in

From: Robert Puerzl <robert.puerzl_at_siemens.at>
Date: 1997/08/18

Zachary Agatstein wrote:

> Hi!
> I am new to Oracle Reports, so perhaps this is a very simple question.
>
> I am calling a report from within a form by using a RUN_PRODUCT built-in,
> and passing a parameter list identified by an ID:
>
> RUN_PRODUCT(REPORTS, 'reportname', etc... param_id, ...);
>
> How does the report retrieve that parameter list?
>
> I am using Developer/2000 with Forms 4.5 and Reports 2.5.
>
> Thank you
>
> Zach Agatstein

Hi,
I happened to do the same for the first time, a few days ago:

In the Reports Designer you have to create User Parameters (in the Data Model of your Report there are System Parameters, User Parameters, ...).

The name of each parameter in the report has to be the same as used in the parameter list in the form.

I hope that is the answer to your question!

Robert Puerzl - Siemens AG Austria - robert.puerzl_at_siemens.at Received on Mon Aug 18 1997 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message