I'm looking for information about different database-systems

From: Germar Krueger <germar_at_intercessio.de>
Date: 1997/08/15

Hello,

as help to make a decision for the development of web-based database-applications I=92m looking for informations about different database-systems and their suitability for this purpose. Possible systems are Oracle, Informix, Adabas, mSQL, Sybase, Postgres, Access and SQL-Server.
Maybe some of you are having experiences with one or more of these database-systems and are able to answer a few questions stated below. Thank you very much for every hint or tip you can give me.

Form

Administration:
How complicated/extensive is the administration of this database-system?

Performance:
How fast is the access to this database-system?

What is the response-time with complex queries and big datavolume?

Datavolume:
For which datavolume the database-system is qualified?
=B7 up to __________________ records/tables or
=B7 from __________________ records/tables

Common:
How common is the database-system?
=B7 as a =84normal" system
=B7 as a web-based database-system

Comments about the web-interface:

Others:

Thank you very much for your efforts!

  • =

Germar Krueger.

email: germar_at_intercessio.de Received on Fri Aug 15 1997 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message