UTL_FILE.FOPEN

From: <koushi_merchant_at_non-HP-PaloAlto-om15.om.hp.com>
Date: 1997/08/15

I have two questions :

  1. In my init.ora, I have set UTL_FILE_DIR correctly and I am able to read [Quoted] from a file in the specified directory. However, when I write to a file, the file's owner is Oracle, DBA. So, as user, I am not able to view or modify the file once I am done with UTL_FILE.put is done within my PLSQL.
  2. HAs anybody installed Ora-perl on HP 10X, Oracle 7.3 successfully? Could you please give me some directions on this? I tried installing it using static link, but that doesn't seem to work either.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks,
Koushi Merchant.