Oracle Developer/2000: mandatory master-detail relationship.

From: Ken Niedermeyer <Ken.Niedermeyer_at_Boeing.Com>
Date: 1997/08/14

[Quoted] I am working with Developer/2000 - Forms4.5 and need to have the form maintain a mandatory master-detail relationship between two multi-record blocks. The operator MUST enter information into the detail record when a master record is created. The twist to this is there is a database constraint stating that the master record MUST exist prior to the detail record being created. This sounds kinda simple at first, but with GUI navigation and all the problem becomes tricky. For example, the operator should not be able to navigate to the next record of the master block if their are not any detail records, additionally, if the user enters records then deletes them from the detail block, the commit should not complete if there are not any detail records associated with the master record. If anyone has any ideas or better yet a solution, I would love to hear about it.

Thanks!

ken.

--
Ken Niedermeyer