Bug in import?

From: Business Information Services <email_at_bisinfo.com.au>
Date: 1997/08/11

Greetings all!

I'm wondering if anyone can confirm a particular bug in the export and import utilities and maybe even a work-around.

Scenario is this:

User called TOM.
TOM accidentally deletes a package.
TOM asks me to get it back for him.

I create a user called TEMP_TOM and using the last export file I import user TOM to TEMP_TOM.
I then restore the code from TEMP_TOM to TOM. So far so good.

If I straight-away delete TEMP_TOM then everything is back to normal. If I don't delete TEMP_TOM then problems start happening with the triggers on TOM's tables! In fact suddenly I have twice as many!! eg. table TOMS_TABLE which had one "before insert" trigger now has two!!!

If I then delete TEMP_TOM, TOM's table has one trigger again. Very strange.

Is this a known bug or am I doing something wrong?

Alternately, restoring chunks of code for developers is a reasonably common task. Is there any other way of doing this? eg. Is there a really good third party import/export utility out there that everyone uses but we don't know about.

Any help appreciated,

Rowan McCammon.

If I have If I have 2 users: TOM and . Received on Mon Aug 11 1997 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message