Re: WEB GENERATOR QUESTION. PLEASE HELP!!!

From: Manu Kodiyan <mkod_at_best.com>
Date: 1997/08/09

Please Help wrote:

> Hello,
> In designer, I chose generate module as generator type = webserver. It
> says "Generation of module successfully". Hence the next step is to install
> the generated WebServer application on to the specified Oracle database.
> When I select that button, SQL*Plus is invoked & I encounter these problems
> :
> {
> 21/7 PLS-00201: Identifier WSQL.PAGEHEADER must be declared
> 22/7 PLS-00201 : Identifer 'HTP.P' must be declared
> }
>
> Let me tell u what I hav & could anyone pls tell me what drivers etc do I
> need. Can't generate without Oracle Web Application server is it?
> I'm using a Sun Server
> Oracle 7.3 database
> Designer 2000
> Developer 2000

The htp package comes with the Oracle Web Application Server (WAS). This package has several procedures that convert database content into html pages. After you install the WAS you need to install the htp (and a few other) packages so that you can use the PL/SQL cartridge. After you have installed the htp package make sure the oracle user you are using to generate the Web Application has access to the htp package (grant execute and create synonym).

I have not used the web generator so I can just guess that wsql package has to be installed for the web generating functionality of the designer. It is definitely not part of the WAS.

Theoretically you could install just the PL/SQL cartridge packages (like htp) so that you could generate your procedures without compile errors, but you would not be able to see the html output unless you install the complete WAS.

[Quoted] Hope this helps.
Manu. Received on Sat Aug 09 1997 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message