Re: DEV2000 and .OCX

From: Robert Christenson <robertoc_at_fyiowa.infi.net>
Date: 1997/08/08

Joe Loyer wrote:

> Has anyone had any experience with using vbx's or ocx's with Forms 4.5?

Yes, and I don't recommend it. There are several problems with OCXs in D2K v4.5.
1) Most of the time, you get a GPF (poorly disguised in W95) when exiting the app, even if you do release the OCX properly.

2) The OLE control won't hold the OCX if you give anything else on the canvas focus. So you have to drop the OCX in right before generation, and even then, it's hit and miss.

We were using a calendar, a progress indicator and a file dialog. We wrote and use our own calendar, use the D2KUTIL file dialog and swear alot over the progress indicator.

Good Luck!

--
"Came for the party, left on the run"

Robert Christenson
Gazette Technologies
robertoc#spam~be~gone#_at_fyiowa.infi.net