NT 4 Enterprise Manager connection loss

From: <mck_at_iag.net>
Date: 1997/08/08

Have just installed Workgroup Server 7.3.2.2.0 on my Netware 4.11 server (IntranetWare Service Pack 3), and performed a fresh install of the Enterprise Manager 1.2.2 on my NT 4.0 (Service Pack 3) workstation. Enterprise Manager is able to connect fine, and I am able to browse various server objects for a few minutes.

Shortly after connecting to the server (within 3 minutes), performing a task which must access the server, for example clicking on a different table in the schema manager, generates the following 2 errors:

ORA-12571 TNS: packet writer failure
ORA-03114: not connected to Oracle

After this situation, I must exit the Enterprise Manager, and re-start it. This will happen every time, within only a few minutes after connecting to the database server.

The configurations of both server and enterprise manager are "default". The only protocol in use is SPX.

Help! Received on Fri Aug 08 1997 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message