Re: Discoverer conflicts with other Oracle products

From: Dr. Blue <ou79138_at_deere.com>
Date: 1997/08/05

I fixed the problem by installing Discoverer 1.2 instead of 1.3. This worked without problems.

In the process I searched the Web for comments on Discoverer and found out that many people hated Discoverer for all its problems, someone said that the Browser is in fact obsolete now, not Discoverer just the Browser. Of course, there are people who like Discoverer but I was surprised at how many had problems as bad as mine. I haven't used the product enough to have an opinion of my own save that the installation can be dangerous.

Mark, thanks for answering.

Richard