Re: Oracle7 LONG vs. PL/SQL LONG

From: Mark Preston <footseer-NOSPAM_at_worldnet.att.net>
Date: 1997/08/04

[Quoted] On Mon, 04 Aug 1997 11:52:11 -0400, Leslie_B_DreyerKalra <lbd_at_techiesinc.com> wrote:

Check again. A LONG in pl/sql isn't any different then and "Oracle7" long. They are one in the same. The restriction in pl/sql is that it can only access the first 32767 characters of a long. So if the long is 2gb, you can only get to the first 32k of it via pl/sql. If you want to access from the web, i.e. pc, use power objects.

Mark.