NT 4.0 Client Development Platform

From: Mark A. Scarton <mascarton_at_wpmail.code3.com>
Date: 1997/08/04

I need to set up a Windows NT 4.0 client development platform for Oracle applications. We plan on using Developer 2000 for some applications, but we also have a number of Pro*C applications that we'd like to bring to the client platform with minimal port.

Could anyone recommend the best way to integrate Pro*C development in with the Microsoft Visual C++ 5.0 development platform? We'd like to be able to exploit MFC and the Wizards and Make in as straight forward a fashion as possible. I've found lots of guidelines for how to establish the Unix client development platform, but not PC. I'm particularly concerned about namespace control when using MFC.

Also, does anyone have any recommendations for client-side libraries, custom controls, etc. to ease Oracle application development on Windows NT?

If you'd like to simply e-mail to "mascarton_at_wpmail.code3.com", I'll summarize what I receive and what I end up creating back to the group sometime in the next few weeks or so.

Mark A. Scarton, ABD
Park City Software Engineering Services, Park City, Utah USA Home: 801.565.9835
Office: 801.265.4612 Received on Mon Aug 04 1997 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message